Thursday, June 27, 2013

Cilantro Walnut Pesto on Snap Peas

I have a little problem with not being able to weed out useful plants from my garden, even when they're interfering with other useful plants.  Last year it was dill.  This year it's cilantro.

So I cut the tops off of a 4x4 garden bed FULL of cilantro and brought it inside to make something with.  Here's what happened:


  • I peeled 3 cloves of garlic
  • I soaked & washed the bundle of cilantro
  • I zested and juiced an orange
  • I threw the garlic, 1 cup of walnuts, a handful-sized hunk of Sartori parmesan, the cilantro, orange zest & juice, sea salt, and a long glug of olive oil into the food processor.  



  • Then I tasted it and realized I was going to want to eat the entire container of this pesto tonight.  
  • So I packed 1 cup of it away in a canning jar in the freezer.















  • Then I thought about how good this pesto would be tossed with the snap peas in my fridge.  
  • Then I ate a whole lot of snap peas.  



No comments: